27 November 2005

The Fairy Tale continues... and changes...

*stretches, smiling* mmm, another weekend rolls along to its end. It's been a long, relaxing, and generally good one. A few minor things popped up, but were solved with haste, in a satisfactory manner. Much better than times in the past, and for this I am most grateful.

Now, where did I leave off? Honestly, I don't know.

Once upon a time, there was a girl. She appeared to be a regular girl, and most people took her for that, not looking any further than they had to, in their assessment of her. Which was fine with her. She continued on, finding what she needed as she went, gathering a few close friends.

After many years, she stumbled upon a boy... he was somewhat like her, but different also, which caught her eye. So much so, that they decided it would be good to go through life together. So they took the walk, exchanged the symbols, and started their adventures. And what adventures they have had so far... good and bad. They have learned and grown, fought and made up, and managed to get through the more difficult of times together. They have learned things about each other, good and bad. Which, in a round-about way, leads them to Europe.

One of those things that they have learned about each other, is that they share a belief... that they can love each other as much as they do, and also have love for others, that doesn't detract from what they have for each other. It was hinted at even before they decided to be together, and then more so after they joined. Questions were answered, attempts were made and abandoned as they were found to cause more pain that pleasure. Then, they stumbled on the combination that now seems to be the way it should go.

It seems, in this case, to come down to friendship. Friendships that the girl had made, and introduced to the boy, that he then worked on independently. From that came a suggestion, which was discussed and dissected, then put back together and agreed upon. Lest you think this was a short span of time, it wasn't. Not for the base of things that were needed to move forward. Though yes, for some of it, it was. The same has been said of the girl and boy's relationship, which they can only believe means good things to come, since that is still the outcome of their fairy tale, even with the frustration.

For the girl, she has found one to add to her list of those she truly loves. A short list; she has never been one to give it so freely, so she was a bit surprised. But this is where E comes into the story. He holds a place near to that of her Beloved, beloved in his own right, on his own merits. Which also allows for their love to grow of its own right, without detracting from the other. Which it has, and continues to do so.

For the boy, he has also found one, though they take it a bit slower. Having less of an initial basis than the girl and her E, they must build from the beginning, which they have been working on, and it steadily moves forward.

In doing this, the girl and boy have found that they are more able to focus on important things within their own relationship, and that has grown as well. Perhaps because they are trying with others, they are better able to see the missteps they take with each other, and then can focus on those missteps and retrace them. At any rate, it seems to work, and they move forward.

Now... is this all a fairy tale? Do the girl and boy, being together, also hope to bring others into the circle they have built, to make it bigger, to share their love? Do E, and the mystery woman, really exist? Is Denmark a country? *laughs softly* Yes. E and the mystery woman exist. Yes, Denmark is a country. Yes, the girl and boy hope to bring E and the mystery woman into the circle of their love, so they can all be together. Lest you think only naughty thoughts, smack yourself soundly upside the head, then pull your brain out and scrub it a bit. Don't attempt to drag this fairy tale through the muck of base thoughts, it won't stick. Instead, try looking beyond that, to a possibility where people can love so much, so freely, that they can encompass others, without losing anything they have for each other. Is it possible? I have no doubt there will be plenty of naysayers. Luckily for this fairy tale... they are not the writers of it.

My Beloved knows that, more than anything, I love him. I am in love with him. I will be with him, through good and bad, thick and thin. Because he knows this, he can accept that I also love another - E. Just as I know that, more than anything, he loves me. He is in love with me. He will be with me through good and bad, thick and thin. Because I know this, I can accept that he may also love another at some point. I hope it, because as much as I would like to think I am the be-all and end-all for him, I know this isn't true. I cannot fill all that he might need, though we certainly seem to cover a lot with each other. I cannot be ALL to him, because we are not exactly alike, or even exactly complementary. As I learn this, I learn that it's not the worst thing in the world, that he may be able to find fulfillment in the lovely mystery woman. I hope he does, encourage it, because I see it also makes him happy. If I can do that, I'm good.

Now what? Where do we go from here? Well... as a young girl I once knew used to say... the possibilities are endless. I do plan to go along the way hand in hand with the Beloved, E, and whoever else wants to join us... we have room...

1 Comments:

Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

I'm an asexual celibate. Happy to be one. You might want to try the lifestyle.

27 November, 2005 13:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home