15 July 2005

We begin again

As I head into the afternoon, looking forward to the end of work and the beginning of a bit of uninterrupted rest, things look forward, rather than stagnant. How so? Well - the beloved, my darling other half whom I love dearly but occasionally wish to strangle for various and sundry wrongs imagined and real, may be stepping back up to the plate, so to speak, and becoming gainfully employed. Lest I count the unhatched chicks, it is merely an interview, but at least it's a start. Then - after a few months of working at my current assignment, there is finally a possibility that I may get a permanent position here. Again, to avoid getting egg on my face, nothing is settled yet. But at least there is movement, and possibly in the right direction. Also - we are within sight of the end of the month trip that I am very much looking forward to...

Ooh, and speaking of that, yesterday a magnificent road atlas arrived at my house. Dropped off by an inattentive delivery person who left it at my back door, spied by my overly atentive neighbor who brought it to my front door. It's a glorious work of art, this atlas, and I think I may have to fight Caprice for it once she gets her mitts on it. The colors, the roads, the maps... heaven in a spiral bound form to easily lay flat. Really, with me, it's the little things. A nibble on my neck, an ice-cold soda, a perfect chocolate chip cookie, and a brand new road atlas with which to plan an amusing little jaunt with my best friend.

What have we learned thus far today? Real happiness doesn't require loads of cash or high status or the admirings of folks you don't know. Real happiness is found in the little things... a green light when you're in a hurry, getting the last Coke at the store, all nice and cold from sitting in the fridge, being able to plan big for a little trip with your best friend. Remember, it's all in the perspective. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home