10 July 2005

Movies and Life

I love movies. Drama, adventure, romance, action, even a good horror now and again that has me begging for my mommy and my teddy. I love them all.

Right now, I'm watching Gladiator, for what has to be the umpteenth time. I think it's a great movie. Not so much because of Russell Crowe, I'm not that much of a fan. But the whole Roman thing, the idea of one who was great becoming low, then rising to greatness again. And, of course, the bevies of half-naked, glistening men fighting with swords and other weapons of singular destruction. What girl can't appreciate that?

One of the other things I like is the quotes. Gladiator has some good ones. There are other movies as well, but since I'm watching this one, it's all I remember at the moment. One of my favorites - as the Emperor mounts his horse, and his age shows, Maximus assists him. He looks at him and says "So much for the glory of Rome." I think of that quite a bit as I read the daily papers, and listen to the news about things going on here in San Diego, in California, in the rest of the country, and the world. So much for the glory of Rome...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home