14 July 2005

Another Day in Paradise...

For a girl from the Midwest, I really can't get enough of San Diego weather. Of the 365 days in a standard year, I would say 300 of them are just about like this. Maybe a slight difference in temperature, but so what? When you're used to winter, summer, winter and winter, what does a few degrees from 75 to 80 matter?

Anyway, Paradise being what it is, there are always a few sand fleas that must be contended with. Today's fleas... the friendly neighborhood dentist. *sighs* My dentist is a nice guy. His hands shake when he's around me, which I think is a healthy sign of respect for having to stick his fingers in a mouth full of teeth. And yet he keeps working to help maintain the great smile I have. Wisdom or folly, I'm not sure. After a foolish decision on my part a few years ago, I was in today repairing that poor decision, and getting some new teeth. Nothing says 'maturity' like a partial plate, I tell ya. Boy, does it feel funny, though. This hunk of plastic and porcelain, and metal, that sits there like a constant reminder to brush and floss religiously, lest I get to the point of all my teeth in a glash. *shudders* In the plate's defense, it does have its own little home, a spiffy blue covered dish, and doesn't require any more maintenance that the other not quite pearly whites that I have. It just... feels funny. And when it's in, I talk funny. Imagine you're on the phone with a mouth full of taffy or caramels. That's what I sound like. Now if only the plate were flavored... mmm, caramel dentures. I think I'm on to something... :D

The lesson for today - You can replace a lot of things. Fake breasts, fake hair, fake nails, fake teeth. But the equipment God gave you to start with, is what you ought to try and hang onto. Believe me, the alternative is never better than the real thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home