13 July 2005

Lunch...

You have to love lunchtime. I do. Not so much for eating, though that is an often-enjoyed pasttime. But just the break in the day... read, surf, pretend to shop, the freedom is there, for you to choose. I will admit to a slight extension of my lunchbreak, as I've spent time exchanging amusing messages with my best friend. We'll call her Caprice, to protect the not-so-innocent. *grins wickedly* Caprice and I are planning a little jaunt at the end of the month, and as the day gets closer when I meet her to begin the drive home, I just get more impatient.

Now, in spite of what all who know me say, I really don't have all the patience in the world. I just fake it really well. I have some, but not that much. And it becomes most obvious when I'm looking forward to doing something, or going somewhere. Such as this trip. Cap and I are driving home from Washington State to San Diego over the last weekend in July. Now, you take two women, who've been friends since before there was unleaded gas (just joking, not quite that long. Slightly before the Internet became a reality, is a bit more accurate. But only a bit.), drop them in a luxury vehicle that comes with its own GPS mappy thingy to ensure we get lost in style, and point them south, and what do you get? hehehe, your guess is as good as mine, but I'll let you know what happens once we're back. :p However, we will be armed with money, a digital camera, a spiffy new road atlas, our endless style, panache and brazen balls, and a skinny terrier-type dog. I predict mayhem with class, accompanied by endless poop stops for the beastie. I'm hoping to pick up an ostrich egg, too.

Honestly now, does summer get any better than that? I didn't think so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home